Its has been FOREVER since I posted. I have been beyond busy between cosmetology starting a couple weeks ago and home life and both my kids started school again.
So todays post is all about my first 3 weeks at Paul Mitchell the School. I have never had a better group of friends and a better school experience then I am having now. First week we jumped right in to braids and updo’s !
Second week (Last week) we got our kits! Which for us was like Christmas!! One of the best days so far! Then the rest of the week was pretty much about texture and blowdrying.
This week is Color week! Which I am super excited about! I plan on specializing in color and cut Which cutting is next week.
If you have ever thought about going to cosmetology school you totally should. Its the best decision I have ever made. It is for sure my calling and I love what I do.
I had heard so many mixed things about cosmetology school and how it was filled with drama cause its a school full of girls . I have not had that problem nor have I seen it at my school. My Class is my family and I don’t know how I would get through this school with out them.
Little back story really quick. I have always wanted to go since I was a freshman in high school when I would help out at my friends mom salon. I did that all through high school and fell in love. Then life happened and I had my oldest right out of high school so I had to put going to school off for awhile. I did try online school and 100% hated it. It just wasn’t for me and then we moved a couple times cause of the military and I toured school but something always came up and I just couldn’t do it. Finally I go to Hawaii and toured and had everything ready to go and wound up not being able to do it again. Two years later I am finally doing what I love and I couldn’t be happier.
I have been meaning to post for so long. I want to do a post each week but I am just beyond busy! So I will be posting when I can so please bare with me! Life is crazy right now lol. If you want to keep up with my cosmetology life follow my hair page which is @hairbymegg__
Thanks for reading today!!!
Todays post is just a little post to say that I have been very MIA lol and I feel horrible about it and also a little life update. I kind of lost things to post about to be completely honest. Also I have been doing a lot of getting ready for cosmetology school which I start in 6 days!! My next post will more then likely be related to that! So please bare with me everyone!
To be honest I don’t do very many different makeup looks or play around with my makeup looks that often ! I also don’t buy makeup that often either. Also a fact many of you may not know is I have to kids 7 &5! I have been really busy getting all their school supplies together and ready for the new school year in about two weeks!
I will be back with more post I promise! I will be blogging my cosmetology school experience, which I think will be interesting! So thank you for taking the time to read my little update! Life is going to get busy for me really soon and not to sure if I’m ready!
Beauty IG- Hairbymegg__
Today I am going to do a review on the Too Faced Natural Love Pallet. I have played with this for about two weeks now and I cant put it down! You can do so many different looks with this which I love in a palette.
So this retails at Sephora for $59 USD. This is probably the priciest palette I own to be honest. This is limited edition not sure for how long though cause I feel like this has been out for some time now.
First Row of swatches
Some of the shades are more pigmented then others. The shimmers are probably my favorite. They are all beautiful. If you like to collect special edition palettes I would grab this or if this is on your wish list I would grab it.
I love neutral colors so this was right up my alley but it does throw in some colors in there which is nice as well. Some of the shades do apply better with your finger or a wet brush better then with a dry regular brush! I find it picks up more pigment that way!
Well that was it for my review it was quick and simple. Hope you enjoyed!!
So today I though I would do a short little post letting you all know that I have started a Instagram Page for my whole cosmetology journey and the parts through schooling as well. Here I will post Before and after of all the hair I color, cut, and do styles on as well as makeup and nails! If you would like to follow it please feel free it would help me a lot!!
I start cosmetology school in 20 days!!! I’m slightly freaking out!! At the same time super excited. There wont be any post on the account just yet I just thought I would get a little head start on my page!!
Also Thank you for 70 followers on my blog! May not seem like a lot but to me it is cause honestly didn’t think anyone would read my stuff lol SO thank you all very much and I cant wait to see how far I will go the rest of this year!!!
Instagram- @Hairbymegg__ (two under scores)
Hello everyone and Happy July!
First of all I cant believe its July already!! Second I have been a little MIA but I’ve been super busy lately.
I stopped in last weekend to Sephora and decided to pick up some stuff I have been wanting to try out for awhile!!
1. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer– Now I have used this before and I love it but I was running out so I figured I would pick up another !
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer– I have heard so many good things about this and let me just say its all so true. This is my all time fav concealer I have ever tried! I love it!!
3.Anastasia Brow Wiz– I have used this before too but it has been awhile so I grabbed another and I still love it as much as I used too!
4.Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder– I cant tell you how long I have wanted to try this and how often I heard it was so raved about and for good reasons. This is great for baking which is what I wanted it for anyway! It keeps creasing at bay all day long!!
5. Casey Holmes Highlight Pallet Smashbox Collab– Now I have watched Casey Holmes forever now on YouTube and I love her so when she announced a highlight Palette , Well two of them with 3 shades in each and that was a great price I was so excited. I Got the highlight Palette in Pearl. Now I had heard some things with people saying it was pigmented. I think that is so wrong!! I cant put this pallet down! Each shade is beautiful and so creamy and super pigmented! They blend out so well and don’t make your pores stand out which I love!!!
6. TooFaced Natural Beauty Palette– I have had thins pinned to my Pinterest since I was announced. It is limited edition so if you want it go get it! All the colors are so beautiful and there are 30 of them! Super pigmented and a little goes a long way! The packaging is beautiful and there is a huge mirror on the inside! I am so glad I picked this up!!
7. Beauty Blender– Now I have used this already too but the black one I have not yet tried the original so I decided why not. Is there a difference? I don’t know yet but I have been told there is !
8. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner– OMG!!! I love this liner and will probably not buy anything different. This liner is perfect for a winged look! It so precise and so pigmented its crazy Its waterproof too which I love! I can never seen to get my wings to match or to look so perfect and this does both!!
Well that was my little haul. Its been a hot minute since I did some serious shopping for makeup. So I was beyond excited to get all this. If you would like to see a more in depth post on any of the items let me know in the comments, or any makeup looks let me know!!
Today I thought I would do this post that I have seen floating around lately and decided to give it a try!!
Lets start with face products
- Estee lauder double wear-$39.50
- Mac Studio Fluid Foundation-$27.00
- Urban decay optical illusion primer-$34.00
- Smashbox Primer water-$32.00
- Maybelline age rewind concealer-$10.00
Bronzer, blush, highlighters
- Benefit hula bronzer-$29.00
- Becca Highlighter in Moonstone-$38.00
- Estee Lauder HeatWave-$45.00
- Morphe 9N blush pallet-$19.99
- Smashbox Halo Powder-$49.99
- Elf Setting powder in yellow-$6.00
- Benefit Goofproof brow pencil-$24.00
- Elf Brow duo-$3.00
- Toofaced Brow Envy Pallet-$36.00
- Estee lauder Pure color envy in intense nude-$32.00
- Estee lauder Pure color envy in insolent plum-$32.00
- Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in crush-$20.00
- ColourPop liquid matte lipstick in Bumble-$6.00
- ColourPop liquid matte lipstick in trap-$6.00
- ColourPop liquid matte lipstick in Beeper-$6.00
- ColourPop liquid matte lipstick in Lumiere 2-$6.00
- Mac matte Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum- $18.00
- Mac Retro matte Lipstick in Flat out fabulous-$18.00
- Mac Cremesheen lipstick in Crème Cup-$18.00
- Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Crème D’Nude-$18.00
- Naked 3 Pallet-$54.00
- Morphe 35w pallet-$19.99
- TooFaced Natural Eye pallet-$36.00
- Anastasia World Traveler Pallet-$30.00
- L’Oréal Lash Paradise-$10.00
- Benefit They’re real-$24.00
- Urban Decay Perversion-$22.00
Honestly not to bad lol. I do have a stash of stuff I didn’t count cause I don’t use it lol everything I listed I do use!!
So today I decided to do a what’s in my purse post!
I got this purse at TJMaxx the bag runs for $90.00 and I got it for $30!! I’m classic when it comes to bags. I like black bags and that’s it! I have never ventured out to a colorful one or a cream color! Black goes with everything right!!
Now inside I don’t have much I like to keep it simple lol. Plus my husband likes to throw his stuff in there as well lol so I’m carrying all of it. Next is my wallet! This is a Kate Spade wallet. I think its the cedar wallet! I got it for $40!!! It is regularly $100 I should have bought more lol.
I love this wallet! it holds everything I need it to and I still have plenty of room!
Next I carry my sunglasses. They are Calvin Klein. Super cheap from TjMaxx Until I get some better ones lol. Then I have my keys, a hand sanitizer, and some lotion. Some times I will have the lipstick I am wearing that day as well.
One thing I love about this purse is you can wear it as a cross body as well! It has two zipper pockets and two spots for a phone or something else lol.
Thanks for reading! What’s one thing you have to have in your purse? Mine is lotion for sure!